360 Degree Feedback
The 360 degree performance appraisal is the start of a conversation between the manager and the team member. It is based around candid feedback collected anonymously from supervisors, peers and subordinates asking a few key questions. Its accuracy is tied to patterns of comments in response to each of those questions.
360° feedback is a powerful tool to help individuals identify where their leadership strengths and development needs lie. The process includes getting confidential feedback from line managers, peers and direct reports. As a result, it gives an individual an insight into other people’s perceptions of their leadership abilities and behavior.
What are the benefits?
- Increased self-awareness
- Discovering blind spots
- Understanding strengths
- Taking ownership and control of own development
- Improved communication
- More open culture
- Improved team working and mutual understanding
- Improved leadership skills / capabilities
360 Feedback as a Development Tool to help employees recognize strengths and weaknesses and become more effective. It is a Performance Appraisal Tool to measure employee performance.
What a 360 Feedback Survey Measures:
- 360 feedback measures behaviors and competencies
- 360 assessments provide feedback on how others perceive an employee
- 360 feedback addresses skills such as listening, planning, and goal-setting
- A 360 evaluation focuses on subjective areas such as teamwork, character, and leadership effectiveness